Style Post: The Librarian Look

High bun + thick glasses + a clean button-up shirt = my favorite librarian look.

I love throwing my locks up into a super high bun, especially when I'm working with day-old hair. Put that with some specs and a collared shirt and I've got myself one librarian look alike. This puff sleeve popover really is one of my favorite new shirts. If I'm going for a more serious librarian/office look, I'd probably style it with one of my pencil skirts and less-wackadoo shoes. But when I'm going for a look that's slightly reserved but not afraid to show some personality, I'm sure to include pieces that add some flare, like fun shoes, a flowy skirt, and red lips.

J.Crew outfit and Ray Ban glasses

[J.Crew shirt, skirt, belt, and bracelet; Erica Weiner belt bracelet; Kendra Scott earrings; thrifted booties (last seen here); Ray-Ban glasses (last seen here)]

jcrew bracelet
ray ban glasses and red lipstick

And I love me some Ruby Woo lipstick from MAC, which I just blogged about yesterday. I'm convinced this is one of the easiest shades of red to wear. It's so creamy and classic.

What do you think of the librarian look?

No comments:

Post a Comment