Western Booties and a Chambray Dress

One of the biggest reasons I love shopping here in Austin is because I get to draw tons and tons of style inspiration from all the little shop girls. You know what I mean? I don't know how many times I've walked into a shop (big retailer or local boutique) and thought, "damn--I want to wear exactly what she's wearing" when I'm greeted by the shop girl. That's pretty much what happened when I went to Feathers Boutique last week and bought this floral maxi dress.

The gal working there was wearing cute denim cut-off shorts, an over-sized tee, and some adorable western booties. They looked sort of like this. And like a really smart person I thought (and said aloud), "your shoes are so cute. It's like you just chopped the shaft of a cowgirl boot right off!"

Apparently not. These were vintage booties from the '70s or '80s that she found on Etsy. She kept raving about how comfy they were and how she wore them with everything.

A few days later I ended up at Buffalo Exchange to trade in some goods, and what did I find? A similar pair of booties that fit perfectly, had just the right amount of heel, and had a fun two-tone thing going on. And the shop girl was right--I can wear them with everything.

Last week I decided to wear my favorite chambray shirt dress (belted) with these cute new booties:

jcrew dress jcrew belt vintage western booties
jcrew dress jcrew belt vintage western booties

[J.Crew dress, belt, and watch; booties from Buffalo Exchange]

jcrew dress jcrew belt vintage western booties
jcrew dress jcrew belt vintage western booties

What do you think? Does the pointed toe freak you out? Do you have a favorite shop girl that inspires your look?

No comments:

Post a Comment