I Ruche You

I've been on a dress kick the last couple of weeks. I don't think I'm doing it on purpose, but it seems like every time I pop my head into a new store I find a dress with a fun print and silhouette that's nothing like what I already own. I guess it's not a horrible problem to have! The other plus is that I think both new dresses will transition nicely into fall.


[Dress from Feathers Boutique; J.Crew sweater and belt; Madewell shoes]

Last week I finally made it into Feathers, a little vintage boutique just off South Congress. I'd been in a few times, but never felt inspired to try anything on until now. Feathers has so many unique pieces, everything from wild Jeffrey Campbell shoes to a super vintage Biba dress.

I found this fun floral maxi dress with the perfect amount of ruching on top. All my dresses right now are either full of lace, solid black, striped, or with polka dots. My closet was definitely crying for a floral number. The fit couldn't have been more perfect when I tried it on (I'm not crazy about getting "new to me" clothes altered), and I thought the length was interesting for a maxi dress. I can't wait to wear it with boots and shorter jackets as it gets cooler out.

You may have also noticed that I'm in the woods! That's right--I've expanded my selection of photo shoot locations to the woodsy area across the street. We live very close the hike and bike trail and it's so peaceful in the mornings.

In other news, I'm learning a few new things in Photoshop and now I can make circle pictures:


Now, isn't that fun. Thank you, Anna, from Door Sixteen for posting this super easy tutorial. Next up--Photoshop actions.

P.S. How do you wear maxi dresses in the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment