Style Post: Cargo Pants and a Pop of Color

One of my first fashion resolutions for 2012 is to add more colorful elements to my more neutral outfits. But rather than always turn to a loud blazer or blouse, I think a brightly colored belt can do just the trick.


I think I often underestimate what a little a belt action can do for an outfit. I usually don't even wear one with pants and just use them to add more shape when I wear those baggier, less shapely looking dresses, like so. They do their job and it's all good. But just last week I felt the need for a more interesting belt or two. J.Crew really does a good job with brightly colored belts and I thought this one would pop nicely against the brown, green, and white.


[J.Crew pants (last seen here) and belt; James Perse tee; Madewell boots (last seen here) and sweater; Michael Kors watch; Urban Outfitters necklace]

Have you started tackling your 2012 fashion resolutions yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment