Style Post: Minty Fresh

Right now Kyle and I are in Los Angeles. Our flight for New Zealand leaves around 11 p.m. and we're just passing the time by hanging out with Kyle's dear friends, some who we even just saw at the wedding!

The weather is cool and crisp here. I was so tempted to pack all my favorite layering pieces for our 1-day stay. Too bad layers aren't exactly fitting for the Australia/New Zealand summer. But I've got one more fall fashion post for you before I go on another binge full of denim cut-off shorts, strappy sandals, and loose, light-weight tops.

I wore this outfit a couple of weeks ago right before the wedding, just when it started to feel like fall in Austin. It was 55 or so degrees early in the morning and my mint blue wooly sweater was just begging to be worn. I immediately took advantage of this opportunity to actually dress for fall in Texas. So off with a wool sweater, jeans, and boots I went.


Along with my cripsy clean minty fresh sweater, I sported a brand new do. I had just paid a visit to my hair stylist to get my locks in tip-top shape for the wedding. We went with a light trim and a darker, richer shade of brown. Finally a good hair day.


All the clutches I own are pretty casual, so I knew I needed something more versatile that I could use day or night. I thought this metallic gold one from Madewell would go with any casual or evening look. Plus, it's shimmery.


[J.Crew sweater and shirt; Madewell jeans, booties (last seen here), and clutch; Tiffany's necklace (old gift from mom)]

Thanks for sticking with me while I'm "out of the office." Stay tuned for a few outfit, food, and adventure posts from Australia and New Zealand!

P.S. We're still taking recommendations for places to go, eat, and shop while we're over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment