How to Style a Top Knot Bun

Turns out I've actually missed having long hair. It's been YEARS since I've been able to style a decent pony tail or set of milkmaid braids. One of the looks I'm loving to style right now is the top knot, which is just a cute little bun that sits nicely on top of the head. I feel like I can wear my hair like this pretty much anywhere and at any time: to the gym, work, dinner, dancing, date night, where ever. It's simple and chic at the same time.



Only recently did I discover just how easy this look is to style. Just three basic steps, and you're done!


1. Put your hair in a pony tail at the top of the head with a rubber band.
2. Take your hair and twist it around the top of the pony tail. I usually leave the knot fairly loose.
3. Secure the knot with a second rubber band.
4. Loosen the hair around your scalp a little bit if you're going for a less-polished look.

And you're done!

If you're looking for a variation of this style, check out this low knot bun that's just as easy to tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment