Vacation Reading

I've got a nice hefty list of books to read during our honeymoon. I love vacations because they're THE best time to pick up all those books I've been meaning to read. I have quite the collection of e-books downloaded to my trusty new iPad, and I plan to make a decent dent in my list by the time the trip is over.

Here's what we've got:

Steve Jobs

steve job biography

Probably not the most titillating read, but I couldn't be more intrigued considering his recent death and the fact that publishers pushed the release date up by a month.


The Marriage Plot

the marriage plot jeffrey eugenides

My favorite author releases a new novel just a couple of weeks before we jet for the honeymoon. Of course I'm going to read this one. Jeffrey Eugenides' stories just suck you in--perfect for long plane rides.


The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

7 habits of highly effective people

I actually started reading this book a while back after multiple recommendations from people. At first I thought it was just another self-help book, but it's not. You can sort of think of it as the bible for personal change without being preachy. While it's engaging, I'm not sure if it's my first pick for honeymoon reading. I'm still going to bring it along just in case I get a hankering for some personal change.


The Help

the help

I'm probably the last person in the world to read The Help. I've only heard good things!


What are you reading right now? I'm open for more recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment