Style Post: A Wild Print by the Woods

This is probably the most colorful outfit I've put together in quite a while. The dress has a lot going on: bright yellow and orange along with a crazy tribal/ikat print. I love this dress and I wanted to style it some other colorful pieces that complement what was going on with the dress rather than try to match or overpower it.

We trekked from our apartment to a new location for this shoot (do you like how I'm changing things up)? There's a nice little wooded area across the street and I really liked the look of this fallen tree branch. It's rather huge and made a nice backdrop.

tracy reese ikat tribal print dress

[Plenty by Tracy Reese dress (Luxe); J.Crew sweater, tights, and belt; Madewell shoes; Anthropologie earrings]

tracy reese ikat tribal print dress
tracy reese ikat tribal print dress
milk maid braids

And my hair is finally long enough to wear milk maid braids. Such a fun and easy hairstyle. I often find myself falling back on the same hairstyles day after day, so it was fun to try something very, very new.

P.S. I'm thinking about getting bangs again right after the wedding. What do we think--yes? No? I'll share some bang inspiration in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment