Wall Art

Kyle and I have lived in our little south Austin apartment since March 2010. We haven't done MUCH decorating since we've been here because our friends/landlords who lived here before had fabulous taste. The door knobs, light fixtures, and curtains were all their doing and I just love how they jazz up the place.

Just a few snaps of our current interiors:

sunburst mirror

[Cool sunburst mirror in our living room. I love how it looks with the green stripe on the wall.]

curtain panels

[I think the print on these curtain panels is so soothing.]

dining room wall art paintings

[This little foursome is fun. We bought these as soon as we moved in to add some color to the dining room. I love the symmetry and the bold colors.]

Now I'm starting to get the itch for something new, and I think some fabulous wall art would deliver just the kind of "newness" I'm looking for.


  • I love the little papier mache animal sculptures from West Elm, and they're made entirely with recycled materials. I think they'd be perfect for an office or any room looking for a rather adventurous vibe.
  • This gorgeous wall of plates is stunning too.  I think this would be a great way to decorate a kitchen wall using pretty vintage plates.
  • Amanda of Here's Looking at Me Kid posted this picture on her blog a few weeks ago. She has a ton of fabulous hats, and I like how she hangs them up neatly on her bedroom wall. I don't wear hats very often, but I still wouldn't mind having a wall styled with several of them.

I hope to have some time to work on our walls after the wedding.

Have you blogged about any of your own home design/decor projects? If so, share the link with your comment. Can't wait to read about all your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment