Spooky and Spectacular

Hello folks. I'm a married woman now. And I feel awesome. The wedding was perfect, and it was the most wonderful day of my life. I cannot wait to see pictures and post about the day and all the fun details. It was just a blast.

Today we start the first leg of our honeymoon by leaving for Los Angeles. We're staying with some friends for a night and then jetting off for Auckland Wednesday evening. While I'm SO excited for our trip to start, this means we're going to miss all the Halloween festivities! Every year I forget to put an elaborate costume together, and I usually try to steer clear of all the downtown Austin craziness. But I can't help but continue to fall in love with the spookier and seductive side of fashion and style around this time of year.

Starting with the Vera Wang Fall/Winter 2012 collection, which was full of nude, black, ruffles, and tulle.


I love how this beautiful crocheted choker looks like a web resting around the neck.


I love dark/eerie vintage-looking decor year-round. We bought a couple of these cute dictionary prints when we moved into our apartment--one with bats because I have a thing for them, a bear, and some vintage hot air balloons. This little bird cage print felt extra cute and spooky for the season. 

I also feel like vintage photos of families and couple are kind of spooky. This one is also sort of sweet because it's the couple on their wedding day. They look happy, don't you think?


How are you celebrating Halloween? I can't wait to see what the popular costumes are this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment