Style Post: Mixed Prints and Baby Deer

Hello, hello! I hope you had the best Christmas/holiday weekend ever! I'm actually off from work today since Christmas fell on a weekend (woohoo!) so here's a little outfit post for an easy-going, work-free Monday.

I actually put this outfit together right before Christmas. I finally had the energy and will to shoot for an outfit post in the morning before work. It's been tough to find time in the mornings when it's so cold, and then after work when it's practically dark by the time I get home. This day it wasn't AS cold due to the mugginess leftover from the recent rain and thunderstorms. So I just went for it, and I've been dying to wear this blazer on the blog ...


[Ruche blazer; Madewell scarf, dress, and loafers (last seen here); Michael Kors watch; Target tights]

 

I'm also really tired of wearing pants. I rely on pants and button-ups shirts way too much when it gets cold out, so I forced myself to wear one of my favorite springtime dresses with tights to better withstand the chill. I tend to always pair a blazer with this dress to add a little more structure to it. I think the blush looks really nice, and I love the ruching at the elbows. I'm actually not even sure if "ruching" is the technical term for what's going on there, so please correct me if I'm wrong!


I think this is also my first stab at mixing prints! I'm not so sure it counts because the print on the dress is so subtle. I'm just gonna count it though.


I'm also VERY happy to be the proud new owner of this Madewell scarf. It was my pick from the Madewell gift guide, and when I saw that it was on sale I just had to snatch it up. And the baby deer print was major inspiration for tomorrow's post featuring some of my favorite animal print pieces right now.

In fact, I'm seeing tons of cute animal print sweaters, blouses, and such around the blogosphere. Are you loving the animal print trend as much as I am right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment