How to Shop, Love, and Get Things Done During Christmas Chaos

That's what I call the two days before Christmas--Christmas Chaos. The last two days of shopping, holiday parties, gift wrapping, and working before the wild Christmas day festivities begin. For many of us, the Christmas Chaos has lasted for weeks as we try to get some shopping done early. And when I say try, I mean having to crawl out of the trunk of my car to get out and shop. That's how nutty it was outside of Book People and Anthropologie one week ago. Parked cars were seriously invading neighboring parking spots, and I didn't have a choice but to squeeze my poor little car in there and simply crawl out of the trunk. It was probably a sight to see, but the worst part was that I didn't even find a gift for my family's annual holiday white elephant style gift exchange.

christmas presents

[A few small gifts for family]

The truth is, we did most of our Christmas shopping right after Thanksgiving. But there's always a some last-minute shopping to do, and last weekend's failed excursion got me thinking about how we can stay positive, in love, and happy around the holidays.

Make a plan

If you're still shopping one or two days before Christmas, make a list of exactly where you need to go and what you need to buy, and stick to that list! It's easy to get sidetracked and frustrated with all the parking lot traffic and people shopping at the same stores, but if go in with a plan of action you should be in good shape. No wandering aimlessly hoping to find a gift for someone.

Fuel up

Never go shopping hungry and under caffeinated. I've done this too many times thinking I would grab a bite on my way to the store, and it usually never works out that way because I'm too focused on my plan for getting in and out of there. So eat and drink something tasty and filling before you go on your way.

Dress to impress, comfortably

I don't know about you but I enjoy shopping a lot more when I'm suited up for it, and that means wearing something that makes me feel confident, stylish, and comfortable at the same time. I'm a much grumpier shopper when I don't feel good about myself, and I think spending a few extra minutes in the morning getting ready is well worth the extra boost of confidence while shopping.

Get yourself a little something

The sales are pretty hard to beat this time of year. So if you see something you like that's already 30% off or whatever, just get it. You deserve to give yourself something special during the holidays too. And that something is even better when it's on super sale.

Feel better about all the shopping you still have ahead of you? I know I do.

How do you deal with the typical holiday shopping stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment