Things you'll need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 40 large marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Crushed peppermint candies (I used about half of a 9 oz bag)
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 13 by 9 inch baking dish
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Crush your peppermint candies by putting them in a double-lined plastic bag. Seal the bag and then wrap it with a kitchen towel. This will prevent the candy from piercing the bag. Then use a rolling pin or skillet to crush the candies. Use a colander to separate the large candy pieces from the candy powder.
2. Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is nice and gooey.
3. Remove from heat and pour Rice Krispies and half of the candy pieces into the mixture, and mix well!
4. Transfer the mixture into the greased baking dish and spread to the edges of the dish.
5. As the mixture cools, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute, stirring about every 30 seconds.
6. Spread the white chocolate over the top of the Rice Krispie treat mix.
7. Sprinkle candy pieces and powder over the white chocolate. Press some of the bigger pieces into the chocolate.
8. Put the dish in the fridge to let the chocolate firm up for about 20-30 minutes, then cut into squares and serve or wrap as a gift!
Easy enough? How about delicious?