A Few Things I Learned on Thanksgiving

Did you throw a big Thanksgiving bash yesterday? We did, and it was a lot of work. Hosting this big dinner for four people was sooo enough for me. I don't even know how people do it for their entire families. Mad props.

While it was a ton of work we had just as much fun, and learned a lot.


1. With sweet potato chips, more oil is always better. And it's okay if the finished product sort of looks like potpourri because it tastes freaking delicious.

2. I'm not June Cleaver so I should probably never try to cook while wearing heels again.

3. Martha Stewart knows what she's doing, especially when it comes to turkey.

4. No Thanksgiving dinner ever started on time and it never will.

5. Always, always buy more butter than you think you'll need because chances are you'll need it.

6. My little digital camera has this really neat setting that lets me take better close-up photos of food!

7. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is the perfect holiday, post-turkey movie to watch, pass out watching, and then wake up to and watch all over again. 

It was a good day. And, as you can see, I learned a lot.

How was your Thanksgiving? Are you shopping right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment