Style Post: Brown on Black

We all know that I like to shop. Yep, that's me. No surprises there. But I've always been sort of picky about trying new stores, especially those that are online only. I should probably get with the program and spread my shopping wings a little bit. Lucky for me, I was able to do that last week with a little help from the girls at A Beautiful Mess and the online store Ruche. A while back I entered a little giveaway on Elsie's blog for a Ruche gift card. Turns out I won (on our wedding day, funny enough) and I was jazzed to try out a few things from Ruche.

ruche dress madewell loafers
ruche dress madewell loafers

One of the first things I loved about Ruche is the huge selection of darling dresses. Every dress has a vintage little twist to it, and the price points are great. I've been on the hunt for more simple sort of everyday dresses. The clean silhouette and fun dots on this little number were perfect for my closet. I also love the little peter pan collar, and the cuffs are different and rather fun.

And I'm still a huge fan of the top knot.

ruche dress madewell loafers
ruche dress madewell loafers

I also forgot to mention that I wore this dress two days in a row over the Thanksgiving holiday. First on Thanksgiving and then again on Black Friday. Oops! That's why I sort of have food coma eyes in the photos. I originally had this dress paired with some Seychelles combat boots until I switched them out with one of my Black Friday finds. I think both work well. I just had to get these loafers on as soon as I bought them!


[Ruche dress (purchased with gift card won in a giveaway); J.Crew tights; Madewell shoes and earrings; Michael Kors watch]

Thanks again to the team at A Beautiful Mess and Ruche for the gift card! It was the perfect wedding present.

No comments:

Post a Comment