Puppy Love and Cargo Pants

Live it up for Labor Day! That's what I keep telling folks. Today we're planning to hang out, play with our poodle, and pick out our wedding wine. What am I wearing? Something cozy for a relaxing day, like a clean button-down shirt.

Just like my chambray shirt, I have very warm feelings for this violet popover. It's so light-weight, soft, and easy to wear with almost everything. I love the way the color pops and looks good against prints and neutrals.

Last week I styled it for a casual Friday: skinny cargo pants and flat with a metallic gold toe cap. I also thought this photo shoot would be a great time to introduce Simon, the second love of my life:


Simon and I are pretty obsessed with each other. We fell in love on my birthday in 2009 and have hardly been apart ever since. He's a miniature poodle and I can't thank Kyle enough for bringing him into our lives. 

poodle and jcrew shirt

[J.Crew top, pants, and flats; Ray-Ban sunnies (also seen here)]

poodle and jcrew shirt

I also found this outfit to be perfect for Simon hugs.

What are you doing for Labor Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment