Red Curry & Noodles

Hooray! I cooked again, but this time I made a spicy, scrumptious noodle dish rather than just a sweet or salty snack. We tend to order a ton of Thai around here, any my dish of choice is veggie curry with tofu and rice. It's spicy and delicious, and I've been dying to make my own version using this recipe.

What you'll need:

1 package of ramen or udon noodles
2 oz Thai curry paste 
1 1/2 c coconut cream 
1 carrot, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped or sliced
2 T peanut oil


What to do:

1. Boil some water and pour over noodles in a heatproof bowl. 

2. Let noodles stand for 1 minute then massage to loosen. 

3. Drain and set aside to cool.

4. Heat peanut oil in a large saucepan over high heat. 

5. Add curry paste and stir fry for about 30 seconds. 

6. Immediately add coconut cream and 2 cups boiling water. 

7. Bring mixture to a boil and add vegetables. 

8. Simmer for 2 minutes or until vegetables are cooked. 

9. Serve up the soup over the noodles and top with basil leaves.

2 comments:

  1. this looks so tasty!

    I am a noodles-lover, I could eat noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so amazing. Minus the coconut-cream I have everything in the house right now. Looks like a trip to the grocery store is coming up ...

    ReplyDelete