Quiche Me

Remember that little diet I mentioned last week? I think things are going pretty well. I'm generally trying to avoid cheese and rich food like quiche. But I found a fabulous recipe for mini zucchini quiche and, once again, I couldn't help myself. The nice (or not so nice) thing about the recipe is it's pretty light on cheese. In the real world, the flaky crust and abundance of Swiss cheese tend to make a winning quiche in my opinion. But I'll settle for any quiche-like dish right now, including these bite-sized morsels of zucchini-parm goodness.

What you'll need: 

 Cooking spray 
2 small zucchinis, finely chopped 
1 large onion, finely chopped 
1 c shredded Parmesan cheese 
6 eggs 
1/2 c flour 
1/4 fresh basil, finely chopped 
3 T olive oil 
2 t baking powder 
1 t sugar 
1 t salt 
1/2 t black pepper
 
What to do:

1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. 

2. Coat two 24-hole nonstick mini muffin pans with cooking spray (or use one pan and cook two batches). 

3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. 

4. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of the egg mixture into each prepared hole.

5. Bake for 15 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown and quiche are cooked through. 

6. Remove from oven and let quiche cool for a few minutes in the pan. Remove quiche to a wire rack to cool more.

7. Sprinkle the tops with extra cheese (optional, but definitely a good idea). 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sponsoring my blog, lady! Your blog is going SO well. All of your posts are fab. I'm happy to have you as a sponsor for the next month!
    xo Moorea

    ReplyDelete