DIY: Washi Tape Coasters

It's washi tape madness over here, and I'm loving it. After I made these little business card envelopes with my spotted washi tape, I decided to take the DIYing to another level.

Coasters, people. I tried to think of all the things I could wrap with washi tape, and square pieces of tile seemed like very practical things. Plus, all the coasters in our place are starting to look a little dingy, so the timing was perfect.


What you'll need:
  • At least 3 kind of washi tape
  • Square tiles from your local home improvement store
  • Cork board or cork contact paper for backing
  • Mod Podge or some kind of sealant
  • Brush


1. Decorate your tiles with washi tape.

2. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge or sealant and set aside to dry.


3. In the meantime, cut your cork board or your cork contact paper into squares that are the same size as the tiles.


4. Adhere the cork to the dry tile using either the contact paper adhesive on the back or super glue.

5. Use books (or a bottle of gin) to apply extra weight to the finished tiles to help the tile and cork set. 


And there you have it. Enjoy your fun new coasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment