The Year of Firsts

Has it really been a month already? Yes. Yes, it has. Kyle and I got married exactly one month from yesterday, but it feels like it was just last week! It's flown by, that's for sure. But the good news is that we've already done so much as newlyweds, and there's plenty more to look forward to. Starting with our very first Thanksgiving at home. This year it's just us and a couple of friends, and it will be the first time either of us have attempted such a feat without the help of our families.

Are we excited? Yes.

A bit nervous? Yes. On Sunday I practically burned an entire practice batch of homemade sweet potato chips. Oops. But they all say practice makes perfect, so I'm going to give it another whirl on Thursday.

I'm also in charge of the mac and cheese and the spiked apple cider. I think I smell our first Thanksgiving tradition.

In other Thanksgiving-related news, I'm very excited to bust out the new, newlywed place settings and dinnerware, and put a darling little centerpiece together. I can think of a few cute ways to reuse a few of those bottles I collected for the wedding. I'm thinking a bottle or two, a few flowers, and feathers.




Just a few things I've started pinning for some holiday-inspired entertaining inspiration. How are you decorating for the holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment