The Gorman Velvet Skirt

I tried to keep shopping to a minimum while we were on our honeymoon. It was hard! But my bags were already pretty heavy, and I only had a couple of pounds to spare for shopping before hitting the 50 pound limit. It wasn't until we got to Sydney when I started to get antsy about it. I needed to shop, and there was much shopping to do in Sydney.

I ended up getting out of there with just two new skirts. Not bad. And this high-waisted multicolored velvet one from Gorman was my splurge.

I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it out of there with anything. I loved everything at Gorman, but the different sizing kind of threw me off and I just wanted to make sure I was getting something that I couldn't get back home.

gorman australia skirt madewell sandals
The different colors and shapes on the silk white fabric create some sort of balance for me. So many dots and zig zags. It's definitely a busy skirt, but with a fairly simple shoe and straightforward top it seems to work.

gorman australia skirt and vintage ring
gorman australia skirt j.crew necklace
[Gorman skirt; J.Crew shirt; restyled necklace; Madewell sandals; ring from Schatzelein]

P.S. I want to buy more velvet now, like this velvet schoolboy blazer that I blogged about here. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment