Style Post: Polka Dots in Auckland


Hello, hello. We’ve only been out of the country for a few days and I already feel a bit “empty” without all of the hustle and bustle of blogging, tweeting, etc. Perhaps “calm” would be a better word to describe the feeling. Either way, it’s a bit weird being so disconnected. Thankfully I’m able to get an Internet fix here and there, just enough to publish a couple of posts about the honeymoon so far. 

We were welcomed in New Zealand with a bottle of champagne and cozy hotel room in Auckland. But we only had one night to spend in the lively city, so we made the most of it and headed straight down to the waterfront to feast on some seafood.

Packing for the trip was terribly confusing. I knew temperatures were going to be completely different in New Zealand and Australia due to varying climates. I basically needed to pack for spring (read wet, cool, and cloudy) and summer (read warm and probably sweaty). We’ve yet to experience much besides the cooler temperatures and rain, which is why I’m oh so glad I brought my trench coat along. I’ve had ample opportunity to put this garment to good use over the last week or so.


The waterfront in Auckland is full of bars, pubs, and a couple of casually swanky restaurants. I was in the mood for scallops and Kyle craved lamb, so good thing we were in a country where both are easy to come by.


[Madewell shirt, jeans, and clutch (last seen here); Urban Outfitters flats; Banana Republic trench coat; Michael Kors watch (gift from Kyle)]

After nine days in New Zealand, we finally made it to Australia. And the best part is that the trip isn’t even halfway over yet. I can’t wait to share more highlights from the cities we’ve visited so far, and the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment