I Hope You're Having FunFunFun

Hello, my dear Austinites. I couldn't help but think about you all today on the first day of FunFunFun Fest. When I learned that we were going to be on our honeymoon during the festival I was pretty, pretty sad. The lineup is so good this year! I mean, it's been getting better and better EVERY year, but FFF Fest 2011 is going to be extra good, in my little opinion.

So, just like I posted my ACL picks even though I wasn't able to attend the festival, here are the artists I'm missing at FFF Fest this year:

Lykke Li

I have a major crush on this little Swedish singer-songwriter. She has one of those sweet, dainty voices but a rather fierce and sometimes jarring appearance in a few of her videos. I'd absolutely love to catch her live one day. But until then I'll just continue to enjoy her videos, like this live performance of I Follow Rivers.



Blonde Redhead

I just love all that is eerie about Blonde Redhead. I caught the band a few years ago during the tour for 23, and it was good. It's definitely one of their more mainstream albums, and that's probably how I fell in love with them.




blonde redhead


Dengue Fever

I caught Dengue Fever live at FFF Fest in 2008. Their sound is Cambodian rock meets psychedelic surf. Kind of an odd combination at first, but anything that makes me feel like I'm on a beach is my kind of festival music.




I want to hear all about your FFF Fest picks, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment