Mini Style Post: Striped & Sunny

You guys! I've been blabbing about our house so much that I completely forgot to do a style post last week! But to be perfectly honest, you haven't missed much. I've been sporting plenty of baggy looks and easy-going dresses worn with my trusty old man loafers. Perfect for unpacking, running errands and easy weekend naps.

J.Crew dress. Thrifted loafers. Clare Vivier clutch. Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses

Another quick personal life update - I've been doing the gluten-free thing for a couple of months now. I don't think I'm intolerant, but I just wanted to try it because I've heard great things about people feeling more energetic and healthier after eliminating gluten from their diets. I thought it would be worth a shot since I'd been feeling pretty sluggish and bleh. 

Now, two months later, I really do feel more energetic from day to day. And my clothes fit a little better too. I'll also be the first to admit that I need to do more research on this diet before I can say I'm completely gluten-free. Food can be overly complicated sometimes, and I need to get better about planning meals around the simple stuff, i.e. real food. Hopefully becoming gluten-free will help me get on the right track. 

I also know a ton of people who are gluten-free now! What challenges and successes have you had with the diet? Austin friends - what are your favorite restaurants with gluten-free items?

No comments:

Post a Comment