Why do I sub avocado for lettuce in my BLT? Because I prefer something with a little bit of flavor, people. Don't get me wrong--I totally love lettuce, but I often consider it filler. I like a BLT with some punch, and bacon on top of that sliced avocado makes for a real winner.
You probably don't even need a recipe for this one, but here it goes anyway.
What you'll need:
- Two slices of bread (I prefer the really yummy, seedy kind)
- 1 medium-sized tomato, sliced
- 1 ripe hass avocado, sliced
- 2-3 slices of cooked bacon
1. Toast your slices of bread until they're nice and golden.
2. Garnish your bread with plenty of mayo, tomato, avocado, and bacon.
Delicious, I know.