What you'll need:
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup flour
- 1.5 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry jelly
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 stick butter at room temperature
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Get your stand mixer ready. Add the butter and sugar and beat for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add the sour cream to the butter and sugar mixture and continue to beat until incorporated.
5. Add the eggs and yolk, 1 at a time, beating until thoroughly mixed in.
6. Add in the vanilla and continue to mix.
7. Slowly add the flour, salt, and baking powder mixture and mix until combined.
8. Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners to fill 3/4 of the way. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until the cupcakes are a pale gold color and a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool in the tin.
10. As the cupcakes cool, begin making the frosting by beating the butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl until well combined.
11. Add the vanilla and peanut butter and mix well.
12. Slowly add the powdered sugar beat until well mixed.
13. After the cupcakes have completely cooled, fit a plain pastry tip to the bottom of a gallon-sized resealable bag.
14. Fill the bag with strawberry jelly.
15. Insert the tip into the center of the cupcake and slowly squeeze in about 1 tablespoon of jelly.
16. Frost the cupcakes with the peanut butter cream cheese frosting.
17. Sprinkle lightly with the rainbow sprinkles and serve!