Weekend Wedding Happenings

Hey there. What are you up to this weekend? Ours is going to BUSY and full of wedding-related things, but it's also going to be productive. Can you believe we're 70 or so days out from the wedding? I can't, and that's why I'm spending the next couple of days knocking a few things off the list.

1. Wedding Cake

We are doing a cake-pie combination. I already ordered 19 deliciously fruity pies from a local pie place in Kyle, Texas, and this weekend we need to pay a visit to Whole Foods to order our sweet little cake. Kyle is not a big fan of cake, but I sure am. That's why we need to have cake AND pie. Plus I think a variety of pies will be a nice change from the traditional, gargantuan wedding cake.

Some of my favorite cakes from around the web:

Donut Cookie Dough Cake via Brooklyn Bride

donut wedding cake


DIY Ruffle Cake via C is for coffee

diy ruffle cake


Cute Tiered Cake via My Sweet and Saucy

cute wedding cake


2. Menu Tasting

We get to taste all the food that's going to be on our wedding menu! We are so excited about this, and it couldn't come at a better time because I have a feeling I'm going to be very hungry this weekend. Like most weekends.

3. Buffalo Exchange

(Not wedding related.) It's time to hit up Buffalo Exchange to recycle some dear pieces of clothing and trade them for something new. I'll be sure to post any good finds next week.

4. Take a Breath and Read a Book

This weekend is going to busy. And I forgot to mention that my mom is coming into town, which just means more chit chat and fun times. But I want to make sure that I'm still taking the time to hang out with a good book every once in a while. Right now I'm in the middle of reading "The Road." While it's not the brightest novel and it's hard to read a lot at once, I'm determined to finish it.

Hope your weekend is fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, jen! I bet your wedding will be AMAZING! You are so thoughtful and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such cute cake ideas! I'll have to remember these for when I get married!


    Lindsey Soup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Morgan! It has been a lot of work, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

    Lindsey -- there are so many cute cakes out there! It was hard to nail down exactly what we wanted for ours. These 3 were particularly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete