Dispatches From Round Top

For years I've been wanting to explore Round Top during its famous antique/thrifting season. I finally got to go with some friends of mine last week. We made an entire day of it, and boy did we need 3-4 days to really make the most of it. Round Top is about 90 minutes outside of Austin, and the fair is probably the biggest jumble of antiques, junk and treasures I've ever seen.

I love thrifting, but I also appreciate an edited bunch of goodies, so I found myself admiring some of the higher-end booths with nicely curated collections. But all of the other booths were pretty astounding as well. It's amazing what these vendors have found and brought to the show this year.

I had a lot of fun at Round Top, but it was hot and I did suffer from heat exhaustion. If you make the trek, please wear the right clothes and drink lots of water, mmk?

1 comment: