It's OK to Change Something

For years I've toyed with this question: are you happy? Am I happy? The general answer has always been yes. I'm healthy. I have a beautiful poodle and a man who loves me. My family has always been kind and supportive of the things I want to achieve. So yes, I'm happy.

I know that every day, every job or every experience is not going to add up to a happy life. But sometimes I take those things personally. If I'm in an unhappy situation in my life, I want to deal with it, get out and then figure out how to grow from it.

I found this graphic a while back on Pinterest and recently found myself referring back to it:

I knew I needed a change, and I knew where that change needed to happen in my life. I just needed the balls to do it. And I finally did. I encourage you all to do the same. Maybe it's a big change, like switching careers or moving to a new city. Or it could even be small, like trying a new hair cut or starting a blog. The point is, it's okay to be unsatisfied with things about your life. That's just how it goes. But one of the most exciting and invigorating things about life is having the courage to do something about the things that make you unhappy. Change something if you want to. You'll love yourself for it later.

2 comments:

  1. This post came along at the most opportune time for me, it's incredible. And the infographic's perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Earlier today I made the decision to hand my notice in, my job was making me miserable and was affecting how I was at home too. Already I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, life's too short to be sad all the time! :-)

    ReplyDelete