Guest Post: Floral Accents

I'm so excited to have Elizabeth Mollen of Stone Textile on the blog today! She's one of those sweet girls who can wear black and neutral hues like a sultry little thing. That look is just one of the many things I love about her style and her signature collection of pillows and throws.

But she shocked me when I ran into her at The Ruby a few weeks ago. Rather than donning an all-black outfit, Ms. Mollen wore a stunning floral blazer and I couldn't stop blabbing about it. I'm not gonna lie--I wanted to steal it from her. But I couldn't bring myself to do it because she just wore that blazer so well. So instead I asked her share some of her favorite floral accents on the blog today.

We've already blogged about how I'm loving floral pants and such, but I'd love it if we could bring that floral inspiration into the home as well. Elizabeth has a few ideas for us. Take it away, my lady!



Hi everyone! As someone who's naturally drawn to a more neutral palette, I've had a great time experimenting with the bold floral trend this season. From my wardrobe, to my home, and even in my new collection, I've slowly taken the colorful leap. Here are a few ways to incorporate florals into your space ...



Invest in a statement credenza for your dining room or entry way. This piece, by Oliver B. Group, is very special. The designer was inspired by all of the floral-printed dresses on the spring runways. Love that.

Use a bright floral wall paper, like this one by Flat Vernacular, for an accent wall. Her wallpaper designs are stunning, and she even creates one-of-a-kind wallpaper pieces using only stickers.

You can find a ton of bright floral fabric out there. Reupholstering a vintage chair with a great floral print would make a huge statement in your living room. I love the watercolor-like fabric used on this chair.

If you are into DIY projects, painting an old dresser using a floral decal stencil is the way to go. This navy and gold one is very eye catching. I would love to try that one day!

Even though this rug isn't really a floral print, you can still achieve that bold floral look by adding something like this to your room. It's the perfect mix of vibrant colors and shaggy texture.

Great tips, Elizabeth! Thanks so much for sharing!

2 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring - love that chair and DIY chest. Might have to give my Ikea dressers a makeover one of these days!

    ReplyDelete