Wedding Week: The Looks

Thanks for checking out my first Wedding Week post!

First things first: the looks. After choosing our Southern vintage style venue, we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted the wedding party to look like. It was important to us that each and every person in the wedding wore something that reflected their own style and personality. Everyone looked amazing and I can't thank our friends and family enough for being part of our special day.

Getting Ready:

The ceremony didn't start until 6 p.m., but we were at it all morning and afternoon getting primped and ready for the first look. Hair stylist Liz Nevin and makeup artist Julie Odom met us at the venue bright and early to make us gorgeous and wedding-ready. The girls went with natural make-up and simple up-dos. As part of their bridesmaids' gifts, I got each of them a set of little vintage rhinestone hair pins from Lolita via Wedzu, and I think they were styled perfectly with each look.

bridesmaids fishtail braid
bridesmaids updo
bridal hair

bridal hair and makeup instax photo


The Dress:

I spent A LOT of time looking online before I settled on a dress. Actually, I never found my dress online! Just a VERY expensive Vera Wang version that inspired the dress I commissioned a local fashion design, Rachelle Briton, to make for me. I fell in love with one of the long, romantic dresses from Vera's fall 2010 collection. And the best part was the illusion sweetheart neckline with the tulle sleeves and floating lace. It felt very vintage, and I knew I wanted my dress to be tea length (so I could wear fun shoes!) and have a natural waistline. I worked with Rachelle very closely to build the perfect dress with just the right amount of lace detailing.

custom rachelle briton wedding dress

kate spade ny carolina shoes
twigs and honey birdcage veil

The Suit:

indochino suit

Doesn't Kyle look smashing! His charcoal Indochino suit was also custom. I love that he decided to go with a classic three-piece suit, but my favorite part is definitely the black cherry Lucchese boots. It was quite momentous, actually: a boy from the Northwest/West Coast falls in love in Texas and then gets married in cowboy boots.

black cherry lucchese classic boots

The Wedding Party:

And I love how the wedding party looks turned out! I insisted that the girls wear different dark gray dresses, mostly because I wanted each of them to buy a dress that they knew they'd wear again! Each bridesmaid found the perfect dress for herself, and I love how their hair and makeup was styled to their own personalities. As for the guys, they held up really well against the girls in their charcoal vests.

charcoal gray bridesmaids dresses
charcoal gray groomsmen suits

All photos by Katherine O'Brien Photography

We couldn't have pulled these looks off without help from these folks:

Wedding dress by Rachelle Briton Designs, veil by Twigs and Honey, shoes by Kate Spade, and earrings by Kendra Scott
Kyle's suit by Indochino
Bridesmaids' dresses by J.Crew, Anthropologie, and Nordstrom
Groomsmen suits from all over
Hair by Liz Nevin
Makeup by Julie Odom

No comments:

Post a Comment