Wedding Week: The Ceremony

Thanks for following my Wedding Week posts! You can catch up on yesterday's post on the wedding looks and outfits here.

The ceremony took place outside at dusk, and the aisle was surrounded by a beautiful bunch of trees with low-hanging branches. We chose to say our vows in front of an adorable vintage writing desk that we refurbished just for the wedding.

refurbished desk
DIY wedding program

texas wedding ceremony
texas wedding ceremony

texas wedding ceremony

Walking down the aisle was the most emotional experience for me. Kyle and I had already seen each other before the ceremony, so it wasn't as if I was nervous to see him for the first time. I think it just hit me as I stood there with my father and saw all the guests standing. I was about confess every ounce of love I had for Kyle in front of everyone that matters to us, and that was kind of trippy. And I think I was also very emotional about the fact that I was walking down the aisle with my pops and it was just as I'd imagined it would be.

texas wedding ceremony

All I could hear in my head for months and months before the wedding were the three songs we chose for the processional. These were three of our favorite songs, and I think each one suited the wedding party perfectly.



texas wedding ceremony

We wrote the ceremony completely from scratch and with a little help from our friend and officiant, Matty. He said the best opening words about marriage and how finding the perfect match and falling in love is just the easy part. The rest of our lives will be about loving each other every day, and some days will be tougher than others.

After a short reading, two members of the band played and sang to an acoustic version of "In My Life." It was such a peaceful moment before we got into the vows, which we each wrote on our own in secret. I loved hearing Kyle's vows for the first time! They were funny, meaningful, and oh so true.

texas wedding ceremony

We walked out to "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and it was the perfect way to end the ceremony. By this time we were more than ready to start partying with our friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment