Bridal Portraits

texas wedding bridal portraits

Brides--are you trying to decide if you should have a bridal portrait session? Do it. It's a great way to try out your wedding day outfit and get comfortable with your photographer. And, if you're planning to hire a hair and make-up artist, it's a good excuse to have a trial run with him or her. I'm so glad I had bridal portraits just for all those reasons.

I met up with Katherine O'Brien on one of those insanely hot August days, and I told her I was looking for a variety of shots and settings. We took a few shots in her studio in Buda and in an adorable refurbished camper she has in her backyard. We also shot in a lovely old office building downtown with really unique wallpaper in a few of the rooms. Our last location was the popular Hotel San Jose off South Congress. I've always been in love with all the bamboo and abundant wall ivy, so we were lucky enough to be able to shoot a few images outside.

texas wedding bridal portraits

texas wedding bridal portraits

texas wedding bridal portraits

texas wedding bridal portraits

texas wedding bridal portraits

Thankfully it wasn't as hot on our actual wedding day. I remember sweating so badly as this last photo was taken. But it was totally worth it! Katherine also brought along her Holga and a vintage camera or two. I really like how some of the film turned out.


All photos by Katherine O'Brien Photography
Dress by Rachelle Briton
Veil by Twigs and Honey
Trial hair and makeup by Erica Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment