Martha's recipe makes 4 fabulous servings ...
What you'll need:
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
3/4 cup white rum
3 cups ice
1 cup seltzer
What to do:
1. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat, and add mint leaves. Let steep 10 minutes.
3. Strain mixture to remove mint particles and discard mint. Let cool.
4. Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from grapefruit in long, wide strips. Place in a large glass, and add rum. Cover, and let stand for 30 minutes.
5. Strain infused rum and discard zest.
6. Cut grapefruit so you have 3 to 4 fruit segments per serving.
7. For each drink, place segments in a glass and top with 3/4 cup ice. Stir in 3 T infused rum, 2 T mint syrup, and 1/4 cup seltzer. Garnish with mint sprigs.